Digital eddy current test instrument for one-channel nondestructive testing of mass-produced parts, metal components, and semi-finished products according to the Preventive Multi-Frequency Technology (PMFT). Testing for material properties such as hardness, case depth, structure, tensile strength, heat treatment, or alloy.
The eddyguard S distinguishes itself with its compact design and concentration on one- channel structure applications with one coil at one part location combining that with the well-known ibg test reliability and ease of operation. Configuration is done by an external PC via a USB port. The ergonomic interface of the ibg PC software facilitates intuitive and simple operation. After the configuration is finished the eddyguard may be disconnected from the PC/laptop and continues testing self-sufficiently.
The eddyguard is based on the ibg system concept proven for decades. All coils and probes of the ibg system family can be used. The eddyguard is therefore recommended not only for the solution of new tasks but also as an upgrade for existing installations to be equipped with state-of-the-art eddy current technology.
Digital processing of the measuring signal with special processors immediately after the pre-amplifier guarantees highly stable and noiseless test results.
Calibration with ibg’s unique good part only concept enables setup within a few minutes true to the motto: “Do you still calibrate or are you already testing?” An adequate number of good parts is recorded as reference parts with connected a PC/laptop. From the eddy current signals tolerance zones are automatically generated encompassing the metallurgical magnetic fingerprint of the group of good parts for all PMFT test frequencies of the fundamental wave and two harmonics. After recording good parts, testing can be immediately started. Faster starting yet more reliable eddy current testing is not possible.
- Eddyguard generates elliptical tolerance zones for reliable tests.
- A tolerance zone editor allows user-defined rectangular or elliptical zones.
- Test results in the ibg software can be displayed as bar graph, single ellipse, or multiple ellipses.
- Users can choose the preferred display format with connected a PC/laptop.
- Store up to 20 part types with settings and reference data.
- Easily switch between part types manually via PC/laptop or automatically via PLC.
- Part types and instrument settings are stored on the PC/laptop.
- Optionally, save data to an external USB stick for added convenience.
- Configure and operate with ibg's supplied software on a customer-provided PC/laptop.
- System requirements: USB 2.0 and Microsoft Windows operating system.
- The PC/laptop software includes a context-sensitive help function.
- Minimize the need for manual reference with built-in assistance.
- Set the software to your preferred language among multiple options.
- Choose from German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
|IO-ports||optically insulated interface for PLC connection with 32 inputs and 32 outputs|
|USB 2.0||for connection of an external PC|
|completely sealed for use in dusty production environments|
|for installation on top hat rail TH35 as per DIN EN 60715|
Available for download:
Catalogues of our eddy current instruments
The catalogs are also available in other languages. Click here to go to the download center