The eddyliner C, crafted for one-channel nondestructive metal component testing, excels in detecting cracks, pores, and grinder burn using Preventive Multi-Filter Technology (PMFT). Its compact design, singular probe focus, and the renowned reliability of ibg make it stand out. The user-friendly touchscreen interface ensures ease of operation, providing instant access to all functions and test results.
The ibg series of digital crack detection devices introduce an innovative capability - simultaneous 100% inline detection of grinder burn and cracks within your production lines. With automatically generated 360° tolerance zones, concurrent testing across 30 band passes, and ibg's unique good-parts-referencing, even defects missed by conventional instruments relying on defect-oriented calibration can be identified. Traditional instruments have historically demanded intricate, time-consuming manual configuration of filter bands, phase angles, and gain. ibg has revolutionized this process with the exclusive development of Preventive Multi-Filter Technology (PMFT), automatically creating tolerance zones. This groundbreaking advancement in eddy current technology, exclusive to ibg worldwide, sets a new industry standard for crack and grinder burn detection.
The eddyliner C is based on ibgs’ system concept proven for decades. All probes and rotating heads of our system family can be used. Therefore recommended not only as a solution for new test tasks but also as an upgrade for existing inspection machines to be equipped with state-of-the-art eddy current technology.
- ibgs' Preventive Multi-Filter Technology (PMFT): Signal evaluation by 30 PMFT bandpass filters, each with automatically generated tolerance zones encompassing 360 degrees.
- Utilizes a sufficient number of good parts for referencing.
- A machine learning algorithm develops tolerance zones automatically for each of the 30 filter bands, based on the basic noise signals of good parts.
- Unlike traditional eddy current instruments with bad-part referencing, this approach avoids setting high-pass and low-pass limits, allowing the detection of various defect types such as grinding burn, magnetism spots, or impact marks alongside crack detection.
- Reduces pseudo rejects significantly without compromising the detection of real flaws, including those with different frequency content or phase angle content.
- Transmitting frequency selectable within a range of 3 kHz to 10 MHz in 21 steps.
- Receiving filter frequencies: 6 Hz - 5 kHz (spread to 30 bandpass filters).
- Supports storage of settings and reference data for 50 part types in the device memory.
- Part types can be manually switched or automated through IOs for various processes.
- Offers a variety of crack detection probes with different scan widths, sensitivity levels, and designs.
- Customized models for special applications are designed and manufactured in-house.
- Compact and precise rotating heads eddyscan H and eddyscan F, in combination with eddyguard, provide solutions for cycle time-optimized crack tests.
- Monitoring of probe cable break ensures maximum reliability during continuous operation.
- Electronic offsetting of varying probe-to-test part distances (e.g., eccentricity of a workpiece) is possible through optional lift-off compensation, requiring special lift-off compensation probes.
- Test results can be exported via the built-in Gigabit-Ethernet-network to an external PC.
- Test results, part types, and device settings are stored internally on a robust flash memory and backed up on a USB stick.
- A ring buffer logfile records all actions and allows fast debugging for service purposes.
- The ibg multi-colored histogram displays test results of all reference data, the latest 100 bad parts, and up to 1,000 good parts at a glance.
- They can be evaluated later, an essential function when reference parts are first recorded and afterward cross-checked in the laboratory.
- If it turns out that some assumed NOK (Not Okay) parts need to be added to the reference parts, it is just a matter of one keystroke.
- The instrument provides a PIN code-based multilevel access authorization concept.
- Features a rugged 10.2” TFT touchscreen with a color display and a resolution of 1,024 x 768 pixels.
- Operable with gloves.
- XVGA interface allows connection to an external screen or projector, an essential feature for training courses.
Available for download:
Catalogues of our eddy current instruments
The catalogs are also available in other languages. Click here to go to the download center