ibgs’ eddyguard C distinguishes itself with a compact no-screen design and concentration on one-channel crack and grinder burn detection with one probe and combines that with the well-known ibg test reliability and ease of operation.
This digital eddy current test instrument is designed for one-channel nondestructive testing of metal components, including mass-produced parts and semi-finished products for cracks, pores, and grinder burn according to the Preventive Multi-Filter Technology (PMFT).
Configuration is effected by means of an external Windows PC or laptop via USB connection. ibgs' ergonomic user interface supports intuitive and simple operation as known from our screen-based instruments. After configuration, the eddyguard may be disconnected from the PC/laptop and continues testing self-sufficiently. Eddy current crack detection equipment operation has never been easier.
Digital processing of the measuring signal with unique processors, immediately after the pre-amplifier guarantees the greatest possible stability of test results. And its unique “good-parts-only-concept” enables setup within a few minutes. Simply record an adequate number of good parts with a connected PC/laptop. One keypress switches to Preventive Multi-Filter Test and testing can start. That‘s all!
The eddyguard is based on ibgs' system concept proven for decades. All probes and rotating heads of our system family can be used. Therefore recommended not only as a solution for new test tasks but also as an upgrade for existing inspection machines to be equipped with state-of-the-art eddy current technology. Consider the benefits of eddy current crack detection equipment in upgrading your machines.
- ibgs´ Preventive-Multi-Filter-Technology (PMFT)
- Signal evaluation was conducted through 30 PMFT bandpass filters, each equipped with automatically generated tolerance zones encompassing 360 degrees.
- ibgs´ good-parts-only referencing
- Utilizes a sufficient number of good parts for referencing.
- A machine learning algorithm develops tolerance zones automatically for each of the 30 filter bands, based on the basic noise signals of good parts.
- Unlike traditional eddy current instruments with bad-part referencing, this approach avoids setting high-pass and low-pass limits, allowing the detection of various defect types such as grinding burn, magnetism spots, or impact marks alongside crack detection.
- Reduces pseudo rejects significantly without compromising the detection of real flaws, including those with different frequency content or phase angle content.
- Transmitting frequency can be selected within a range of 3 kHz to 10 MHz in 21 steps.
- Receiving filter frequencies: 6 Hz - 5 kHz, spread across 30 bandpass filters.
- Supports storage of settings and reference data for 20 part types simultaneously in the eddyguard C memory.
- Part types can be manually switched using a PC/laptop or automated through IOs.
- Offers a range of crack detection probes with different scan widths, sensitivity levels, and designs.
- Customized models for specific applications are designed and manufactured in-house.
- The compact and precise rotating heads, eddyscan H and eddyscan F, in combination with the eddyguard, provide a solution for cycle time-optimized crack tests.
- Monitoring of probe cable break ensures maximum reliability during continuous operation.
- Electronic offsetting of varying probe-to-test part distances (e.g., eccentricity of a workpiece) is possible through optional lift-off compensation, which requires special lift-off compensation probes.
- Stores part types, device settings, and test results on the connected PC/laptop.
- Additionally, data can be stored on a USB stick for convenience.
Available for download:
Catalogues of our eddy current instruments
The catalogs are also available in other languages. Click here to go to the download center